Learn How to Measure Your Space
1. Begin in one corner, select a wall and measure its length from corner to corner.
2. Write the measurement on the corresponding wall on your sketch.
3. Go to the next corner and measure the length of the next wall.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until all wall measurement are complete.
5. Measure the height of the room. Write this dimension in the space provided
Windows and Doors
Measuring for your New Cabinets
1. Begin in the upper left corner of your drawing
2. Moving clockwise, number the windows until you reach the starting point.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 for the doorways.
4. Measure the width of the window. See note below. Write the dimension on the drawing.-
5. Measure the height of the window. See note below. White the dimension in the table on the drawing corresponding to the window number.
6. Move clockwise around the room measuring each window until you reach the starting point.
7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 for the door ways.
NOTE: THE TRIM, IS CONSIDERED PART OF THE WINDOW OR DOOR. MEASURE FROM THE OUTSIDE OF THE TRIM ON ONE SIDE TO THE OUTSIDE OF THE TRIM ON THE OTHER SIDE
Locate any existing plumbing and measure the distance from each wall and the floor. Repeat for electrical outlets, light switches. lighting hookups, and telephone jacks.
If you plan to keep any of your existing appliances record the dimensions of each and a location where they are to be placed.